Effective Date: May 1st, 2021
For the purposes of the GDPR, we are the data controller, unless otherwise stated.
1. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
1.1 Data you give us voluntarily:
1.1.1. Data you give us
When you require support and contact us, we may ask you to provide us with your name and/or email. You do not have to give this data to us in order to use the App. It will be required only when you wish to contact us directly.
1.1.2. Data provided to us by third parties
When you use sign in with Apple to register an account in the App, we get personal data from your Apple ID account. This data may include, in particular, your name and verified email address. You may choose to share your real email address or an anonymous one that uses the private email relay service. Apple will show you their detailed privacy information on the sign in with Apple screen. Find more about sign with Apple here.
1.2 Data we collect automatically:
1.2.1. Data about how you found us
We collect data about your referring URL (that is, the place on the Web where you were when you tapped on our ad).
1.2.2. Device and Location data
We collect data from your mobile device. Examples of such data include: language settings, IP address, time zone, type and model of a device, device settings, operating system, Internet service provider, mobile carrier, hardware ID, and Facebook ID.
1.2.3. Usage data
We record how you interact with our Service. For example, we log your taps on certain areas of the interface, the features, and content you interact with, how often you use the App, how long you are in the App, what sections you use, and your subscription orders.
1.2.4. Advertising IDs
We collect your Apple Identifier for Advertising (“IDFA”) or Google Advertising ID (“AAID”) (depending on the operating system of your device). You can typically reset these numbers through the settings of your device’s operating system (but we do not control this).
2. THE PURPOSES OF PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Our mission is to constantly improve our App and provide you with new experiences. As part of this mission, we use your information for the following purposes:
- To make our service available. We use functional information and information that is processed automatically to provide you with all requested services.
- To improve, test and monitor the effectiveness of our App. We use the information that is processed automatically to better understand user behavior and trends, detect potential outages and technical issues, to operate, protect, improve, and optimize our App.
- To provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. We may use the information information that is processed automatically for marketing purposes (to show ads that may be of interest to you based on your preferences). We provide personalized content and information to you, which can include online ads or other forms of marketing.
- To communicate with you. We use the information we have to communicate with you through newsletters, i.e. to send you marketing notifications, receive your feedback about our App experience, and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
3. WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
3.1. Service providers
We share personal data with third parties that we hire to provide services or perform business functions on our behalf, based on our instructions. We may share your personal information with the following types of service providers:
cloud storage providers (Amazon Web Services)
data analytics providers (Facebook, Google, Appsflyer, Firebase, Crashlytics, Amplitude)
marketing partners (in particular, social media networks, marketing agencies, email delivery services; Facebook, Google)
3.2. Law enforcement agencies and other public authorities
We may use and disclose personal data to enforce our Terms of Service, to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others, and to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, or in other cases provided for by law.
3.3. Third parties as part of a merger or acquisition
As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customers’ information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also share such information with any affiliated entity (e.g. parent company or subsidiary) and may transfer such information in the course of a corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
4. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
In particular, if we transfer personal data originating from the EEA to countries with not adequate level of data protection, we use one of the following legal bases:
(a) Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission (details available here),
(b) the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework (details available here),
(c) the European Commission adequacy decisions about certain countries (details available here).
5. HOW LONG WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for performing the functional service of the App and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your information that we physically access and store, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your account.
However, some data may still be stored for a certain time period (but no longer than the storage purpose requires) if information is necessary to comply with legal obligation (taxation, accounting, audit) or in order to maintain safety and data backup settings, prevent fraud or other malicious acts.
6. EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
To be in control of your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Accessing / reviewing / updating / correcting your personal data. You may request a copy of, as well as updating and correcting your personal data collected during your use of the Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deleting your personal data. You can request erasure of your personal data by sending us an email at email@example.com.
When you request deletion of your personal data, we will use reasonable efforts to honor your request. In some cases we may be legally required to keep some of the data for a certain time; in such event, we will fulfill your request after we have complied with our obligations.
- Objecting to or restricting the use of your personal data. You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data or limit our use thereof by sending a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information for EEA-based users:
If you are based in the EEA, you have the following rights in addition to the above:
The right to lodge a complaint with supervisory authority. We would love you to contact us directly, so we could address your concerns. Nevertheless, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection supervisory authority, in particular in the EU Member State where you reside, work or where the alleged infringement has taken place.
The right to data portability. If you wish to receive your personal data in a machine-readable format, you can send respective request at email@example.com.
7. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
California’s Shine the Light law gives California residents the right to ask companies once a year what personal information they share with third parties for those third parties' direct marketing purposes. Learn more about what is considered to be personal information under the statute.
To obtain this information from us, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org, which includes “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and your state of residence and email address in the body of your message. If you are a California resident, we will provide the requested information to you at your email address in response.
8. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our App is not intended for children under the age of 18. Therefore, we do not knowingly collect or solicit any personal information from children under 18. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to the App. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this App or through any of its features. Do not provide any information about yourself, including your email address. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will erase that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us.
10. CONTACT US